In the Gospels Jesus teaches us to be hospitable to one another and to our guests just as we would to Him. Ushers same as Greeters serve in the “front lines” in the creation of a spirit of hospitality and warmth for all who gather for worship, making everyone feel comfortable and at home, but they also offer service and bring order to the Sunday Liturgies and other special events.
Who we are: We are “assisting hands” of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish – volunteers who minister to the entire church family and visitors alike in a variety of practical ways prior to and during the church service, helping to ensure comfort in the worship experience.
What we do: We stand ready to assist anyone in the congregation who might need help, as well as we:
- distribute the hymnals as worshipers enter the church,
- assist them with seating and help late comers enter worship in the least disruptive way,
- facilitate the Sunday collections and oversee the Presentation of the Gifts,
- direct the community during the Holy Communion,
- assist those with special needs, especially with receiving Communion,
- distribute the parish bulletins at the end of Mass,
- and much more.
Requirements: Do you like to smile and have a great handshake? Do you enjoy meeting new people? If you do, then the Ushers is the place for you!
Contact: Jennifer Davis at (773) 324-2626 ext. 102
or email: email@example.com
“The heart of an usher is the heart of a servant, and he does his work
for his Lord Jesus (Col. 3:24)”
“I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.”
Download and print out the brochure (PDF): Worship – Ushers brochure
* * *