The church celebrates the liturgy in a holy environment using an abundance of signs, symbols, and rituals that supports prayerful worship and using church décor and environmental accents during liturgical seasons and special occasions. This ministry provides appropriate decoration for the church, in keeping with the liturgical seasons.
Who we are: We are St. Thomas the Apostle parishioners filled with joy that is dedicated to the beautification of our church both inside and out. Our time, gifts, and talents shared through this ministry help to keep our church looking wonderful for both for our parishioners and for our neighbors.
What we do: Our goal is creating a beautiful and prayerful environment for our liturgies and high feasts. We bring joy into our church by:
- decorating the inside of the Church during special celebrations such as Advent, Christmas, Easter, All Saints Day, All Souls Day and others,
- providing flowers to beautify the Church,
- contributing to the experience of our worship,
- assisting the sacristans and altar guild at special times to clean sanctuary before major feasts,
- coordinating and creating ideas and decorative arrangements and displays to enhance the environment for special liturgical celebrations,
- and much more.
Time Commitment: There are no meeting, just a love for earth and a desire to work in the great outdoors. All you need is to be willing to respond when the parish call comes, especially in the important seasons of Christmas and Easter.
Requirements: We seek active parishioners who have an artistic sense, creativity, interest and willingness to help as needed. Flare for art and design helpful.
This is also a good ministry for the whole family.
Contact: parish office, (773) 324-2626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“The best evangelistic strategy is to capture people with the beautiful, then enchant them with the good, and then lead them to the true.”
Hans Urs von Balthasar
Download and print out the brochure (PDF): Worship – Art and Enviroment Brochure