The Hyde Park and Kenwood Interfaith Council (HPKIFC) is an association of religious and spiritual communities and organizations that are working together to form stronger interfaith bonds in our community. It traces its history back to a cooperative gathering of churches which began on February 9, 1911, and has transformed over time from a council of churches to an interfaith endeavor!
Our purpose is to provide effective channels for cooperative expression of our shared concern for the well-being of the communities in which our member organizations are situated, including coming together in intentional partnership to care for those in need in our communities; taking action in relation to social injustice, inequities, and other issues of mutual concern; engaging in regular programming which draws members of diverse communities together; and gathering the wider community together at times of celebration or concern.
Who we are: We are members of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish who represent our Parish Family at the Hyde Park & Kenwood Interfaith Council and serve as a link between the Council and St. Thomas the Apostle, which is among the oldest members of the Council.
What we do: The Hyde Park & Kenwood Interfaith Council works with many organizations to run services throughout our community, including:
- hosting annual Thanksgiving Event;
- administering a variety of Hunger Programs in the Community;
- running a Hyde Park Refugee Project;
- promoting mutual understanding and respect through interfaith experiences of sharing, dialogue and learning;
- seeking peace and healing for Hyde Park and Kenwood and the world by strengthening and supporting community service and social and environmental justice efforts, and more.
Time commitment: Participation at the regular meetings and at some events of the Council is expected.
Contact: For more information contact the Parish Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We must learn to live together as brothers.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Download and print out the brochure (PDF): Outreach – Interfaith Council brochure