The Knights of Columbus
would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join
the new Saint Thomas the Apostle Council
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic organization for men who are committed to the principles of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. Founded in 1887 by Father Michael J. McGivney to help provide financial aid to Catholic families, the Knights of Columbus resulted in the largest Catholic fraternal and humanitarian organization ever created.
Who we are: We are men of faith at St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, who believe that a man is defined by his actions as a follower of God, and as a leader in his community. We’d like to invite you to join the new Saint Thomas the Apostle Council. Being a Knight is more than camaraderie; it is being involved in the community; it is supporting the Catholic Church, while enhancing your faith.
What we do: We try to make a difference through the five areas of service — faith, community, family, youth, and fellowship – dedicating our time and strength to serving God and His people in the local community and worldwide:
- sponsoring and supporting a variety of parish functions such as the annual Parish picnic, youth and family focused ministries and events, etc.
- undertaking and supporting educational, charitable, and welfare projects in our parish, community and nationwide,
- supporting religious outreach, promoting vocations, and providing financial support for seminarians and postulates.
- helping our members be steadfast in their faith and guided by our principles,
- providing assistance and support to Knights and their families whenever needed.
- Our charitable activities encompass an almost infinite variety of local, national and international projects.
Time Commitment: Just 24 hours, but they can change your life.
Requirements: All practicing Catholic men 18 years of age or older are invited to join.
Contact: For more information on how you can become a Knight contact Parish Office at (773) 324-2626.
“There is a call within each man to go deeper and reach higher to become the man God made him to be.
In a world full of challenges, the Knights of Columbus equips men to answer the call
to lead with faith, protect their families, serve others and defend their values.”