The sacrament of Confirmation is a milestone in one’s life of faith, a turning point in which the gifts of the Holy Spirit flow into our hearts and minds. We cease to be children and stand initiated as adults in full-standing in Christ’s Body, the Church.
Who we are: St. Thomas the Apostle Confirmation Class draws on the Catechism of the Catholic Church in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. With a fun and conversational style, we focus on the substance of the great story of salvation, the drama of the Covenant People.
What we do: St. Thomas the Apostle Confirmation Program is a friendly and openminded class where we tell the grand narrative of our faith:
- we invite the students to place themselves within that history, and to take their role within God’s plan of redemption,
- we explore spiritual practices and the Church’s yearly liturgical drama,
- we explore the Catholic faith in an intimate and deeply personal spiritual journey that will prepare the students to remain steadfast and faithful to their identities as young Catholics,
- we guide the students in a process of picking up a Confirmation Sponsor and a Confirmation Name,
- we participate in an afternoon retreat near the end of Lent at the nearby Holy Cross Monastery, and more.
How do we meet: Classes begin in October and are 9:45 a.m.-10:50 a.m. most Sundays (according to the schedule).
Requirements: For 7th through 8th Grades and Junior High / Young Adult
Contact: For more information contact Rob Porwoll (email@example.com) for information or enrollment,
or learn more: https://stapostleparish.org/ministries/religious-education-ministries/confirmation-class
“Holiness is the normal path for Christians; it is not reserved for a few chosen ones but is open to all. Naturally, with the light and strength of the Holy Spirit whom we will not lack if we hold out our hands and open our hearts!”
Pope Benedict XVI, 2012.
Download and print out the brochure (PDF) to share with your friends: Confirmation Class brochure