The St. Thomas the Apostle Youth Group is to help the young people of our parish live their Catholic Faith through activities that focus on their spiritual, social, intellectual, and physical development.
Who we are: We are members of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Family who provide an outlet for our youth to get together and explore their Catholic faith in our community and in today’s world through Social, Service and Faith/Life activities.
What we do: We give opportunities for youth (high school age) to socialize and become active in parish life, as well as:
- to renew and reuse their talents to serve others, living out the Gospel mission of serving the poor,
- to find friends and to grow in fraternity with one another,
- to inspire others with faith as our foundation,
- to participate in a variety of events in order to share our faith with others and provide service for our community at large,
- to experience other fun activities, projects, events and parties.
These are not classes like in school; rather, they are focused conversations with games and other activities to help the teens grow in their knowledge of the faith and a safe space for them to ask questions.
It’s fun, it’s serious, it’s educational, it’s spiritual, it’s open for you!
Time commitment: We meet every Sunday after the 11am mass.
Requirements: All teens entering grades 7 through recent graduates are invited and welcome. No one is expected to come every week. Come when you can!
Wanted also: Young adults willing to become Group Coordinators.
Contact: For more information contact Parish Office at (773) 324-2626
“Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Download and print out the brochure (PDF): Community Life – Youth Group brochure