Most are scheduled to take place right here at the parish—but not all. Service projects may sometimes take place in other Hyde Park locales. The formal Anniversary Gala will be held off-site at a place to be determined.
My time is limited so how can I support the anniversary?
Anniversary activities are designed to fit all parishioners according to their time and availability. Explore the committee options. Choose one that appeals to your interests and meet with the group. Find out what is needed and how you might lend a hand.
How much work is involved?
The committee determines the scope of the events. The more people who join the planning teams, the more the tasks will be shared. Help as you are able. The comradery alone make the team efforts delightful.
When will we find out about the parish history of the past 150 years?
- A Sesquicentennial Parish History book will be available in 2018. A Parish History Committee is involved in researching the most recent 50-60 years to add to our archived records.
- Displays of our history and artifacts of the past will be highlighted throughout the anniversary year.
- Plans are in the offing for a Parish History Dramatization in 2019. Please join that Committee if you would like to revive the thespian tradition of St. Thomas’s past.
- Weekly Sunday bulletin pages will continue to feature “a look back in history.”
- Reunions and Receptions in 2019 will promote sharing stories of the richness of our parish experiences.
How can we spread the word about our Anniversary?
Get the word out to all! Various items will be available for you to use. The Promotions Committee are assembling items for sale, including tee-shirts, pin, mugs, and many more commemorative items. We will have street banners available for families to sponsor throughout our area. Look for information about how your family can get one.
How do I get involved?
- Join a Planning Committee that appeals to your interests. Meet with a diverse group of parishioners to offer your ideas and suggestions.
- Sign up on Sundays during the Hospitality after the Masses.
- Contact Paula Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her at the parish office 773-324-2626 -ext. 106 to volunteer your help.
- Invite others to join you on a planning team.
Who is on the Steering Committee?
Candace Scheidt, Paula Jones, and Gwen Anderson.