This ministry offers the opportunity for people to spend an hour of quiet time and prayer in the presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Everyone can participate because everyone can find at least one hour a week to spend with the Lord.
Who we are: We are volunteers of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish with a great desire to accept an invitation to intimate conversation with our Lord and Savior, truly present. Our goal is to foster the spiritual growth of all our members and parishioners through prayer before the Eucharist, so that they may sustain God’s call to service and evangelization.
What we do: We come together once a week for one hour to spend this time in the Presence of our Lord. At our gatherings we:
- prepare the worship space for the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament: this includes lighting candles, placement of the Monstrance and assisting the presider or leading the prayer,
- pray for peace in the entire world, in our country, in our city, in our homes and hearts,
- pray in silence of our hearts, having in mind all our needs and needs of our parish, families, friends or anyone’s who is in need for prayer,
- practice meditation and contemplation,
- or sit quietly, just “being” in the presence of our Lord.
Time Commitment: Currently the Vigil & Adoration is held on Fridays after Daily Mass from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Contact: Call the parish office at (773) 324-2626, or just join us in the Daily Chapel at 9 a.m. Each Friday.
“Gaze upon him, consider him, contemplate him, as you desire to imitate him.”
St. Clare of Assisi